Australian Christian Church Histories

bw01.jpg bw02.jpg bw03.jpgbw04.jpg

Click on the picture to show a larger one.
Balwyn North VIC - Uniting

20044

State: Victoria
Denomination: Uniting
Address:

Corner Belmore and Winfield Road Balwyn North

GPS: -37.802155,145.104032 

 

History and Architecture:

The vision for a church occurred in 1950 with the land being purchased on 27 July 1951. A portable building was erected on the site on 17 February 1952. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend H. Slarnette President of the Conference 12 July 1953. The three bay church hall was opened in 1954.

Additions to the Church were completed in 1958 and again in 1999.

Organ:

An Organ from the Mt Erica Methodist church was installed in 1976. It was built by Wm Anderson of Melbourne and served the Mt Erica church form 1904 to 1964.

 

Clergy*:

Explanations

1952 - 1954 Rev B. Gee M
1954 - 1956 Rev L. McIntosh  M
1956 - Rev H. Clarke  M
1957 - 1961 Rev C.A. Smith    M
1962 Rev A. Bligh M
1964 - 1966 Rev H. Sunderland M
1967 - 1968 Rev W. Gorfine M
1969 Rev T. Boskell M
1969 - 1970 Rev W. Elvins M
1971 - 1974 Rev N. Gray M
1975 - 1978 Rev D. Kunselman M
1978 - 1983 Rev A. Searle U
1984 - 1994 Rev F. Parrant U
1994 Rev P. Tonson U
1995 - 2000 Rev J. Lamont U
2001 - Rev J. Murray U
     
     

* The list may not contain all serving Clergy.

Contributions:   
Extract*: The First 50 years of Kooynung Heights Church 1952 - 2002. SLTF 287.93099451 F51K
Balwyn North VIC - Uniting
IMAGE