Australian Christian Church Histories

bw01.jpg bw02.jpg bw03.jpgbw04.jpg

Click on the picture to show a larger one.
Goondawindi QLD - Anglican

50133

State: Queensland
Denomination:

Anglican

Address:

43 Bowen Street Goondawindi

GPS: -28.547749, 150.306152

 

History and Architanure:

The first Anglican service was held by Archdeacon Glennie at Wyaga in 1848, and there were station chapels at Umbercollie and Callandoon, it was not until January 1871 that public interest was raised to build a permanent church in Goondiwindi town.

The first church on the present site was dedicated on 23 April 1882 by Bishop Hale. A Foundation stone was laid by the most Reverend Gerlad Sharp D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane on 30 April 1930.

The Church was partly destroyed by fire in September 1942.

Organ:

The organ was installed in November 1952.

Clergy*:

Explanations

1903 - 1904 Rev William Wilson
1904 - 1906 Rev William John Gerard
1906 - 1914 Rev Edgar Barstow
1914 - 1915 Rev Albert Ernest Atkins
1915 - 1922 Rev Arthur Eoch Smith
1922 - 1928 Rev Percy Charles Shaw
1928 - 1930 Rev Charles Samuel Mills
1930 - 1933 Rev Arthur Edward Morris
1933 - 1940 Rev Harold John Richards
1940 - 1944 Rev Cecil Brook
1945 - 1948 Rev George Arthur Upton
1949 - 1954 Rev Ralph Edwin Wicks
1954 - 1956 Rev Gordon Frank Guy
1957 Vacant
1958 - 1964 Rev Noel Ludlow
1964 - 1969 Rev Robert Raymond  Smith
1969 - 1974 Rev Roy Malcolm Grant
1974 - 1980 Rev Frederick Charles Alwood
1980 - 1984 Rev Hartley Grahame Hansford
1984 - 1989 Rev Richard Gibson Martin
1990 - 1996 Rev Graham Mitford Oates
1997 - 2001 Rev Mathew Brooks Jones
2001 - 2004 Rev Carol Anne Hebron
2004 - 2005 Vacent
2006 - 2009 Rev Elizabeth Crossman
2009 - 2014 Rev Zoe Christine Everingham
2015 Rev Thomas Hall
   
   
   

* The list may not contain all serving Clergy.

 

Contributions:  John Huth for photos and information 2017
Extracts:  






 

Goondawindi QLD - Anglican
IMAGE