Australian Christian Church Histories

bw01.jpg bw02.jpg bw03.jpgbw04.jpg

Click on the picture to show a larger one.
Albury, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian

10285

State: New South Wales
Denomination: Presbyterian
Address: 402 Wagga Rd Lavington
GPS: -36.04623, 146.941962

History and Architecture:

Reverand Peter Gunn of the Gaelic Church Melbourne first visited Albury and it was he who laid the foundations of the church. He had already visited and baptised at Kilmore, Seymour, Longwood, Benalla, Wangaratta and Albury.

The first mention of the Albury - Lavington area was made St David's Kirk Chronicle September 1936 where it says "Our experiment in brining our children from north Albury and Lavington has proved sucessful." A request was made to commence services at Lavinton. Rev H.J. Hillman conducted a service on the 4th Sunday of the month in 1937 with a small congregation.

Organ:

No information currently available.

Clergy*:

Explanations

PeriodClergyComment
* The list may not contain all serving Clergy.
1952 - 1954 Deacon Winifred HILLIARD  
1955 - 1956 Mr Alan MORTIMER  
1956 - 1957 Mr M MCBRIDE  
1957 - 1959 Mr James C COX  
1959 - 1961 Mr Gerard Packer WOOD  
1961 - 1965 Rev Leslie MARTIN  
1966 - 1969 Rev C E BOWLES  
1970 - 1978 Rev Ian DAVIDSON  
1978 - 1979 Mr W Porter YOUNG  
1980 - 1986 Rev Gary FINTELMAN  
1987 - Rev Donald GEDDIES  
2018 - Pastor David HAYES  
Contributions:  
Extract: St Andrews Presbyterian Church Albury 1947 - 1997 H285.29448SAI
Albury, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian
IMAGE